Call for Artists to participate in the Courtyard Arts on Sunday 2nd December
There is additional draw for this event as:
This event is being held during the weekend of the Victorian Fayre, which attracts additional visitors to Worcester.
Also the Worcester ETSY team are putting on their annual ETSY Made Local – Worcestershire – Designer Maker Market 2018 event in the Henry Sandon Hall over this weekend. So visitors numbers should be higher than normal with these attractions.
There may even be some live music and entertainment !!!
Limited spaces available as others have already reserved
(however there is the Archiimp Christmas Arts in the Henry Sandon Hall on Sunday 9th December with plenty of space – Information to be released soon)
Archiimp is giving local artists the opportunity to be part of its Courtyards Arts on Sunday 2nd December at the Royal Porcelain Works, nestWorecster.
This regular event is growing in reputation, it’s a great opportunity for local artists and is a good lead in to the Christmas period.
These events fill up very quickly so please confirm your interest as soon as possible!
Sasha Louise Rae said of the Courtyard Arts in October “Just wanted to say a big thank you to you and Jilly for the opportunity to be involved in the Courtyard Arts today. I really appreciate your help, advice and words of encouragement and would really welcome the chance to work with you again”
Susan Birth commented on the Courtyards Arts “The view from my stand at yesterday’s first Courtyard Arts event organised by @archiimp in partnership with the nestWorcester. What a great day it turned out to be! Suberb venue, lovely sunshine and a constant stream of interested visitors, so thank you @archiimp”
Archiimp will actively promote the event via social media & blog. The event will be listed on national and local event websites. Artist biographies and contact details are activity promoted through social media and online. Partners and sponsors will actively promote the event and participating artists. Posters will be created and distributed around the city. The Courtyard site will also have promotional banners on the entrance railing for the week leading up to each event.
If you are interested in being part of this event on 2nd December for just £30 per stand, please email me directly:
Chris Oxlade-Arnott (Archiimp Curator)
Mob: 07713 055 999
Brief information on the Event:
- The Courtyard of Royal Worcester Porcelain, Severn Street, Worcester, WR1 2NE.
- Open to public 10am till 5pm
- £30.00 per stand payable via BACS in advance
- Participation fee only no sales commission
- Stand installation and breakdown
- Multiple pre-event marketing and PR
- Direct promotion to wide contact network
- Design, creation and printing of event posters
- Poster distribution
- Event management
- Artist Assistance Services
- use of card payment system
- set up and display assistance
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Post event site clean up
- Post event review marketing
- Set up can begin from 9am and must be completed and ready to open by 9:55am.
- Break down cannot start until 5pm and must be completed by 6:30pm.
- Artist group photograph to take place on site at 10am.
- There are no parking facilities for this event, temporary parking for loading and unloading is provided, but artists must be aware that this is a public highway and local business access and movement will take priority.
- The load/unload parking area can be accessed via St. Peters Street and/or Kings Street, take the turning off the road and head towards the CY Resources building, just before this building turn right and drive with the buildings on your left to the end where you will see several parking spaces on the left against the side wall (white wall) of the Henry Sandon Hall. Walk through to the Courtyard itself. After unloading you will have to move your vehicle, the nearest public car park is in Kings Street, but cheaper ones are available within walking distance.
Conditions of Use:
- Artists to be set up and ready for trading by 9:55am. Artist group photograph at 10am. Stand must be ready and maned at 10am. Break down cannot start until 5pm and must be completed by 6:30pm.
- Artist or artist representatives to be present at all times (except breaks).
- Artist are responsible for providing their own display equipment and floor furniture (including table and table covers).
- Artists are responsible for their own sales only.
- Artists may use the entirety of their stand.
- Artist applications will be vetted to ensure a high standard of work, display and professionalism.
- Permission from Archiimp must be sort for artists wanting to place/display work outside their stand (such as placement of easels/stands) as we have to consider neighbouring stands and public health and safety.
The Stands Themselves:
- Fitted with rear and sides weather panels (opaque white).
- No holes or damage are allowed to the stand fabric or wall material.
- Artists will be allocated a stand (3x3m). All stands have at least 1 side facing the public (2 when side walls are removed).
- Artists will have access to the inside of the back wall and both inside side walls, they can use the stand frame to hang artwork from (no damage to be caused to stand).
- The stands do not come with power/electricity provided.
- Artist must have valid Public Liability Insurance to a minimum value of £2m.
- Archiimp assure that all artist data is held and managed via its GDPR Data Protection Policy (available to download at http://www.archiimp.com).
- This event is a partnership between nestWorcester and Archiimp.
- Any promotional material including social media transactions must copy/refer/tag the event partners.
- Additional sponsors will be sort to provide ongoing support throughout the year.
Set Up Assistance:
- If you have any concerns or issues with your stand configuration or set up when you arrive, please contact Chris – Archiimp Curator (07713 055 999), who will be around on the day. Chris will also be available throughout the day to assist you if needed, especially during set up.
- You are requested to be mindful of your and the public’s safety during set up and break down, especially when moving large, fragile, sharp or heavy objects.
Additional Services (Credit Card Payments):
- For those who have no provision for taking credit card payment, subject to network signal, Archiimp will make its card payment terminal available to you. This is actioned through Jilly’s mobile phone and her Izettle payment device. Archiimp will not charge any additional fee for providing this service (Izettle currently charge 1.75%) and will transfer the net value when the payment has been cleared (normal 1-2 days). Payment receipts can be emailed or texted to your customers directly.
Promotion on Social Media:
- Archiimp will actively promote the event via social media & blog (please follow Archiimp to get the feeds for retweeting/forwarding to your network). If you do not use social media then please sign up the Archiimp Blog, via the website, to receive these by email.
- Event will be listed on national and local event websites.
- Artist biographies and contact details are activity promoted through social media and online.
- Partners and sponsors will actively promote the event and participating artists.
- Posters will be created and distributed around the city. The Courtyard site will also have promotional banners on the entrance railing for the week leading up to each event.
Event Size and Scope:
- Standard events will accommodate up to 6 artist stands (3x3m) located around the Courtyard.
- Our objective is to produce a professional Arts event with a high quality visitor experience. Worcester has an incredible arts scene and quality of artists, and we wish to show the best of these in a setting that is itself magnificent. You have been invited to participate in this event as we believe you and your work reflects this ethos and desire to set a benchmark to be achieved and emulated by others.
- We hold visual presentation and appearance of the event in high regard and expect all artists to produce a professional looking and presented stall as is possible. Table covers must be used (no bare table/counter boards on show), banners must be hung and presented well. We have no doubt that this is second nature for you all.
- Each artist/stall has been allocated a stand and exact locations will be provide to you in advance.
Example of Artist Biography needed for Promotional Activities:
Jilly Oxlade-Arnott of Archiimp
Biography (up to 60 words)
An Architectural Watercolour Artist working in fine line ink and bold watercolour. Her unique and colourful style concentrates on the subject building leaving the rest as fine line ink work. She lives and works in Worcester and will be displaying original watercolour, fine art prints, digital prints and cards of her Worcester, Malvern, Croome and Global Collections.
Mobile: 07713 055 999
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram): @archiimp
Image #1 Title: Logo Snip (1240x618pixel 102KB)
Image #2 Title: Jilly with Artwork (1854×616 pixel 141KB)
Image #3 Title: Artwork Image 1 (926×923 pixel 64KB)
Image #4 Title: Artwork Image 2 (926×923 pixel 275KB)
If you are interested in being part of this event on 4th November please email me directly:
Chris Oxlade-Arnott (Archiimp Curator)
Mob: 07713 055 999