RHS Malvern Spring Show PIA Exhibition
Participate In Art is pleased to announce that applications are now open for the PIA Exhibition at the RHS Malvern Spring Show. PIA in partnership with Allomorphic will be located in a prime space within the Great Pavilion of Art and Flowers.
This is an exclusive limited opportunity for up to twelve artists, competition for space will be high, so please ensure you are able to comply with the conditions prior to submitting your application.
Each successful artist will have exclusive use of their own 3m x 3m stand to hang and display their work, tables will be provided in brand new PIA branded event stands. The PIA Exhibition will be in a prime location facing the main pavilion entrances to Row 2 (main public street) and the main event stage within the show centre piece – The Great Pavilion. This is a prime opportunity to be in one of the best locations at this prestigious event.
PIA Exhibition location:
The RHS Malvern show will have in excess of 100,000 visitors over the four days and sets the scene for country and floral events for the rest of the year.
The event is 9th to 12th May 2019 at The Three Counties Showground, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR13 6NW.
PIA are looking for artists who can deliver a professionally displayed stand of high quality design and workmanship. The PIA exhibition will adopt the festival theme of ‘Through The Lens’. The theme is not to be taken literally (ie photography) as the term lens is deliberately interpretive. Lens being eyes, transparency, optic, microscopic, attitude, perception, point of view etc.
There must be a feature of your work that meets the theme but I would expect you to display your core work (as you need to make sales across the board and not just on themed pieces). The event is about obtaining sales and brand promotion (artist awareness).
You are not expected to have everything ready and available on site but people will be taking things away on the day. You should use this opportunity to obtain on-the-day sales, orders and commissions. Your work and application will be vetted for suitability.
Conditions of Application:
- Provide an application response that meets the theme brief
- Work will be vetted for suitability
- Work must not include or depict offensive, disrespectful, inappropriate language or imagery
- Public liability insurance cover of no less than £2m
- Available to set up before and after the event
- Must be present on the stand throughout the event (9th to 12th)
- Provide all own hand made work (or own reproductions)
- Attend all PIA preparation meetings and respond timely to all communications
- PIA will meet face to face with each successful artist to discuss the event particulars and plan delivery – We are here to help and assist you get the most from this special event
- Participation fees are payable in advance and are non-refundable
- PIA are not VAT registered, all prices are total and invoices/receipts will be provided.
The Great Floral Pavilion PIA Exhibition will be curated directly through Participate In Art and chosen artists will not have to go through the Show vetting and application process.
Due to likeminded partnership and sponsorship from Allomorphic we are able to provide this opportunity under our ‘Affordable Opportunity’ ethos and have been able to dramatically reduce the participation fees. The participation fees includes car park passes, day entry passes, site access for set up/breakdown, event and PIA marketing activities.
PIA Exhibition Price: stand £400.00 or £460.00 for corner stand. No additional costs or commission will be applied to sales.
*Sample of pricing for the RHS Arcades Shopping Hall: shell scheme 3×3 £939.60 or corner 3×3 £1,014.00*
If you wish to apply for this opportunity please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org titled ‘RHS Application’ with the following:
- Provide a statement (< 250 words) describing your interpretation of the festival theme and how this is influenced and seen in your work.
- Provide an artist biography/statement (< 100 words).
- Provide four sample images (JPG files <3MB each) Please note images and statements are for application purposes only.
- Provide descriptions of work (size, medium, material) of work to be put forward:
- against the theme
- other work to be displayed
Applications must be received by 5pm 15th February, confirmation of successful application will be by 9am 18th February. If you require any clarification or have questions please get in touch via email (email@example.com)or call me 07713 055 999.
In partnership with Allomorphic, 11 Lansdown, Stroud GL5 1BB.
It is a great privilege and honour for pARTicipate to be asked to be part of the main pavilion.
Key fact from RHS Malvern Spring Show:
20% of visitors are RHS members
Average age 52 years
40% AB (75% ABC1)
73% female; 27% male
Average dwell time 6 hours
Average spend £150pp
Most read newspapers: The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mail, The Times