Pop Up Gallery Initiative
Archiimp is giving local artists the opportunity to be part of its 2018 Pop Up Gallery Initiative.
This is a great opportunity to display and sell your work direct to the public during increased visitor times. You will have wall and floor space and be promoted in the event marketing and PR. The galleries are for artisans who hand make their craft and are local to Worcester.
The Pop Up Gallery Initiative is a project to:
- use unloved, unrented spaces throughout the City of Worcester
- provide an outlet to showcase unknown artistic talent of Worcester and Worcestershire
- provide space for artists to display and promote their work, and the opportunity to interact with clients, new buyers and fellow artists
- to provide a space for residents, visitors and tourists to meet artists and view new artwork
- increase awareness of Art within Worcester
- increase awareness of the Artists themselves
- assist more inexperienced artists with customer interaction, display techniques and other valuable skills and knowledge
- help the more experienced artist with increasing their network
- is fully supported by MP Robin Walker, Worcester City Council, Worcester Tourism and local retailers
Archiimp will promote event via its Blog and social media network, as well as links to artists websites and/or social media sites. Promotions will include artist name (& brand), public contact details, web links and images of work.
Each event is promoted widely on social media and local papers running up to the opening, a piece from each artist will be displayed in The Ounce (formally the Marwood) at least ten days prior to the event itself, promotional posters are given out across the city and are available to each artist to promote themselves, larger promotional banners are placed on event site windows before the event.
All planning, trade licences, logistics and event management are dealt with by Archiimp.
For more information please contact Chris Oxlade-Arnott (Archiimp Curator) on 07713 055 999 or email@example.com.
We are currently in discussions with The Nest (based at Royal Worcester Porcelain – WRP) for the curation of a regular arts markets, in the WRP courtyard – please watch this space for more information.
We are also bidding for a semi permanent arts space in the heart of the City, where we’d be able to host up to five artists on a two month rotation and monthly featured artist weekends, this is in early stages but again watch this space for more information.
2018 Season Diary:
- 4 days: March Bank Holiday (Friday 30th March to Monday 2nd April)
- 3 days: May Bank Holiday (Saturday 26th to Monday 28th May)
- 2 days: During last weekend in July (Saturday 28th to Sunday 29th July)
- 1 day: RIVERSIDE ARTS FAYRE (Saturday 11th August) over 22 artist exhibiting
- 2 days: Gap between August Worcester Festival and Christmas (Saturday 6th to Sunday 7th October)
- 2 days: Christmas Period (Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd December)
If you would like to be considered for inclusion in any of these events please complete the boxes below.
Please provide us with as much information as you can about you, your work and what dates you would like to be included for, as this will help as to group complementary artists and allocate suitable dates. Due to high demand of applications and limited dates, please provide links or photographs of your work. Artists must have suitable public liability insurance to exhibit at these event.
Comments from recent participating artist:
Chris Haywood said “The pop up exhibitions play an important role in raising the profile of Art in Worcester and are a good opportunity for artists to show their work to a local audience. It is very enjoyable to talk to people who have an interest in the Arts. The exhibition was expertly organised by Chris and Jilly and made it easy for artists to simply turn up and put their work up as they have done all of the time consuming background work. Even on a damp weekend, footfall was very good and the work received a positive reaction from everyone who popped in”.
Shilpi Sharma commented “The pop up gallery is a wonderful opportunity for local artists like me to display and share my work with others. It was very well organised and coordinated. It is a great platform for displaying and especially meeting a lot of wonderful people and sharing knowledge regarding art. Many thanks to Archiimp for all the help to reach out. I was very happy to be a part of the event and display & interact with lots of interesting people and especially meet a lot of talented fellow artists”.
Mark Zytynski said “I’m always grateful for a chance to exhibit so this opportunity was very welcome – especially as I’ve just moved to the area. Most valuable to me was the ability to ‘network’ and pick up on local artists, resource outlets etc by talking to the other exhibitors”.
Previous Pop Up Galleries:
Archiimp Pop Up Gallery Initiative is sponsored and supported by The Ounce, The Cabin and Worcester City Council. A special thank you to The Hopmarket Charity for allows us to use site on four separate occasions.
If you wish to find information on how we secure your data please view our policies via the links below: